Kylie Burgess, Burnie Works Shared Learning Coordinator has been part of the evaluation working group for Healthy Tasmania. The evaluator, Menzies has just released the Baseline Report for the Healthy Tasmania Five-Year Strategic Plan. The Baseline Report brings together survey data from a variety of sources, examples of policies and programs and key stakeholder groups for the eight focus areas of the Plan – priority populations, healthy literacy, active living, eating well, mental health and wellbeing, smoke-free communities, reducing alcohol harm and climate change and health.
The report brings together Tasmanian specific data from a variety of sources across all the focus areas including relatively new information about the impacts of COVID and the mental health of young Tasmanians.
You can use the report to:
• Learn more about the Plan’s eight focus areas
• As a resource for grant applications and submissions to government
• Help make decisions about your organisation and members priorities
• Read about examples of the action already being taken in Tasmania led by governments, communities, and organisations
• Find links to sources of research data you can trust.