After being introduced to a new decision-making tool at the last meeting it was great to see how fast the councillors have picked up this way of working.
There were four opportunities to discuss (reading material had been sent out with the agenda prior to the meeting). Councillors discussed opportunities in groups and presented back with a recommendation, which was then put to the whole Youth Council for consideration, motion and vote.
- Make It 16 campaign – some fantastic debating on the positives and negatives of 16-year-olds being able to vote.
- Burnie Library – after the June motion to go on a fact-finding mission, the councillors reviewed the information received and decided on the next steps.
- Big Council – discussed the opportunity to meet with ‘Big Council’ at their next meeting.
- Menzies Emerging Leaders – discussed and noted this opportunity.
- Media request for comments – discussed how they should respond to a media request.