Youth Making Changes Around Burnie
Are you a youth changemaker in Burnie (or want to become one)?
Be part of a courageous team to guide action for youth in our community. You are an expert in your own lived experience and YMCAB is here for youth to find their voice and share the local experience of Burnie’s young people. You will have the opportunity to grow and practice skills in advocacy, leadership, positive relationships, mentoring and co-design. Skills for life!
Am I the right person?
- 15 – 25 years (under 18’s will need parent/ guardian ok)
- Live in the Burnie area, Tasmania.
- Comfortable talking and working in a group.
- People with unique lived experience are encouraged come along (migrants, housing issues, mental health needs, neurodiversity, other – please share if you want to). And let us know if you want to have a support person come along with you, that’s fine.
What will I do as a YMCAB participant?
- Share ideas for youth activities (including music concerts, pop up activities and events), amplify youth voice on things that matter to you and your peers and create meaningful opportunities for youth to thrive in Burnie.
- An opportunity to have fun, meet others and learn new skills, outside of school hours.
- Support youth service providers and event/ program organisers co-design and plan meaningful action in Burnie.
- Co-design a paid participation model for YMCAB participants (so you can be paid for your expertise as a YMCAB changemaker).
- Take part in a fun one day training experience on Feb 1st, 2022. Details to come!
Who else will be in the group?
- Up to 15 Youth with unique voices and experiences.
- Burnie Works team member and stakeholders (as relevant).
- Guest speakers, trainers, artists etc.
When and where do we meet?
- We will meet in Burnie at the YFCC HUB (129 Wilson St Burnie), and or other public spaces to be determined, weather permitting etc!
- After work/ Uni/ TAFE/ college or high school for 1-1.5 hours
- Starting February 2022. Tailored JCP Youth Training, Feb 1st, 2022. More info to come.
- Participants may have the opportunity to apply for paid casual role (to be co-designed with YMCAB participants).
Please get in touch with Lucy at Burnie Works if you have any further questions around this youth engagement initiative. When a form submission is received we will get in touch to talk about next steps.
or Call 0491 176 739